Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So sweet

Last night Sophia called me back to her room after books had been read, lights had been turned off, kisses had been kissed, and hugs had been hugged. I was almost impatient with the drawn-out goodnight ritual when I came back in one more time.

She needed to sing me a song. This one:

Like sunshine in the morning that wakens day from night
Like flowers in the spring time so colorful and bright
Like happy songs of bluebirds that fill the air with cheer
A person bright and lovely is my mother dear.

Can you even imagine how lovely it was to listen to her sweet five-year-old voice sing these words? All I can say is, I'm so grateful that I went back one more time and I walked into her room with a smile and a loving voice. Missing that song wouldn't have been worth anything else I could have done with those few moments.

Maybe if I'm lucky she'll call me back to her room again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment