Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Want to Be Like Alice

Waters, that is.

I'm reading this book right now (among many others, I have a library addiction):And although I already knew the story, I've been re-inspired by it. Here's the gist:

More than a decade ago, Alice Waters, a small group of teachers and volunteers, and a school principal, turned over long-abandoned soil at an urban public middle school in Berkeley, California, and planted the Edible Schoolyard. It has since grown into a universal idea of Edible Education that integrates academic subjects with growing, cooking, and sharing healthy food.

Seriously, this is my kind of thing. Gardening, cooking, and eating with kids, I can't imagine a better way to spend time. I'm thinking I should work it into a future career...

No comments:

Post a Comment