Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Quick Call

Sophia: "Hello, may I speak to Speedy Guy, this is me, Eloise."

Oliver: "This is me, Speedy Guy."
Sophia: "Please come visit the Plaza at 2:30."
Oliver: "No, I live in Port Land."
Sophia: "Visit. Visit. Like when we went to Arizona and then came home."
Oliver: "Oh yes. I remember."
Sophia: "Will you come?"
Oliver: "Yes, I will visit you."
Sophia: "Good. Goodbye and clink, clank, hang up that phone."

In case you're not as familiar with the children's book, Eloise as we are over here, Eloise is a six-year-old who lives in the Penthouse Suite of the Plaza in New York City. She wears Dior dresses and has a governess named Nanny (that's me since Eloise's mother is generally elsewhere. Paris, for example).

She has a dog that looks like a cat.

And a turtle named Skipperdee.

And of course her very own phone that she "clink, clank" hangs up after ordering room service. "And charge it please. Thank you very much."

We outfitted our own Eloise with a quick trip to Goodwill yesterday. Of course it wasn't Neiman Marcus.

I'm sure Nanny would have been appalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment