Friday, August 14, 2009

Woohoo!

What an exciting morning!

First, Annie went missing. My first guess, strangely, was that a hawk had gotten her (since there was absolutely no sign of her - not even a stray feather). But thankfully, no.


She had flown the coop. Or rather the chicken yard to the side of the coop. All the way to the front yard. It took me at least 10 minutes to find her.

Then she was acting all strange once she was back inside the coop. Hiding and such. I thought she was traumatized by her escape. Ha! Shows how much I know about chickens.

No, she was laying an egg!


Which I found after I had discovered that she had gone missing again that afternoon. This time I found her in the neighbor's yard. Sheesh. That girl is getting her wings clipped, let me tell you!

So, although she escaped twice in one day (!), she's redeemed herself by laying the very first egg. All I can say is that she'd better lay an egg a day for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment