Saturday, August 15, 2009

Seeing My Future

And it looks a lot like my past.

As nearly any of my childhood friends (and certainly my parents) would attest to, I spent a lot of time at the baseball field as a kid.
No, not playing, it wasn't my thing. But it was my brothers' thing. (I'm pretty sure they both started playing at age 2 and kept it up everyday until...well, who knows, maybe they still play.) And my dad's. (Nearly as obsessed as my brothers, Dad watched, coached, talked, and dreamed baseball.) And my mom's. (Not wanting to be left out of all the excitement - or perhaps because we were all there so much anyway, my Mom not only watched every practice and every game but also volunteered in the snack bar.)

And now...it's definitely Oliver's thing. (The pool turned up like that makes a great backstop.)
You can stop laughing now Mom, I know, I should have seen this coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment