Saturday, September 11, 2010

The First Day of First Grade

Sophia started first grade on Wednesday! Seriously! My baby is a first grader. Sigh.
She is so happy to be back. And she's loving that it's familiar this year (I can tell already that she's more confident than last year, even at the end of the year).

I can also tell that the long day won't be as tough on her this year. She doesn't seem as wiped out when she gets home and it's been much easier for her to transition from school to playing with Oliver in the afternoon. Still I think we'll keep afternoons and weekends for family even though we've already started getting invitations to join various after school activities.


I'm not sure if I'm entirely ready for the new school year, but, a little like Sophia, I'm more ready than I was last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment