Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Truth About Blogging

The New York Times says that 95% of blogs are abandoned.

I sorta figured this was the case - especially for anyone who blogs for the general public. I mean, just imagine the likelihood of all those thousands (millions?) of blogs being read. And even though I blog (obviously), I'm pretty in touch with the size of my audience (Hi mom!), and it's somehow a relief. I like keeping this journal (of sorts) for friends and family (and to prove to my kids later how great their childhood was - very important), but does anyone really need to read about everyone else's life? Isn't that a little overwhelming? It just made me think that maybe the rest of the world is a little more like me than I sometimes think. A little curious about other people's lives, but more involved in (and maybe a bit overwhelmed by) their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment